Sunday, March 25, 2012

John 1:1-4 1. What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life— Moses wrote in Genesis 1:1, “In the beginning God……” and in John 1:2-3 we find that Christ the Son of God was with God in the beginning as well. “He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.” John expresses that he is one of the living witnesses of the Christ before the Crucifixion. Most notably is that John had very vivid memory of his relationship with Jesus and calls Him the Word of Life. Jesus is the very expression of life. I AM the bread of life. John 6:35: Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. I AM the light of the world. John 8:12: When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 9:5: While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” I AM the door. John 10:7: Therefore Jesus said again, “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep." I AM the good shepherd. John 10:11-14: “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me...." I AM the resurrection and the life. John 11:25: Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies." I AM the way, the truth and the life. John 14:6: Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." I AM the true vine. John 15:1, 5: “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." Something of importance here is the very fact that NO ONE ELSE on the planet has ever been able to claim support for any one of these statements EXCEPT the Christ. 2. and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us— His presence and foundation remains with God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit…..the Three in One aspect of God. This is what John is telling us. God is manisfested to the Believer in the Person of Jesus Christ. How significant is it that the very Person who created all that we know lives in the heart and life of every Believer…..magnificent, awesome, inspiring and absolutely true. 3. what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. Fellowship of the Believer with God is incredible. There is no other religion in the world that is able to portray this relationship. There is some sort of connection that is found with a god of sorts, but none provides a personal relationship that results in a daily fellowship with the Creator of Faith. How awesome is this truth? 4. These things we write, so that our joy may be made complete. Completeness in relationship with the Savior of the world is found in the Cross. What joy and wonder!! From the moment of the conception of the Christ in the womb of Mary to the Resurrection is found the completeness of life in Him. Mary expressed her awe as did Paul on the Road to Damascus. Every person who discovered the truth of Salvation in Christ expressed great joy in that relationship with Him and not one walked away sad except for the Rich Young Ruler who refused Him. Jesus is Lord BW

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog